Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wife: An Open Letter to My Husband

Dear Chris,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and to share with everyone how truly amazing you are.

Thank you for making me feel sexy even though I can no longer see my feet. When I feel puffy, fat, gassy and can't get up on my own, you still look at me like you are seeing me for the first time. You have no idea how wonderful that makes me feel.

Thank you for telling me I am not lazy, even though I feel like it. When I cannot bend down to pick up my shoes, or my pajama pants in the morning, you hand them to me. You have never sighed or looked at me like I am a sorry excuse for a person.

When I huff and puff up the stairs to the nursery, you always walk behind me to make sure you can catch me should I start to fall. Thank you.

Thank you for being my source of emotional support. I am sure that you feel anxiety about how our lives are about to change, but so far you have stayed cool, calm and collected. Meanwhile, I have had a couple of anxiety attacks and middle of the night breakdowns. Both times, you have calmed me down, hugged me, and told me that we are going to be just fine. And because I am doing this with you, I believe you. You really are my best partner.

Thank you for not looking at me like I am a fatty when I order both a side of hush puppies and french fries with my Cook Out order. And for not ordering a side salad with yours!

Thank you for getting up with me when I can't sleep at night. Insomnia is terrible, but it is even worse alone. Watching the Smurfs and Snorks with you at 3 a.m. when I can't sleep means a lot.

Thank you for rubbing my back every night. All day long, my back feels awful and I cannot get any relief. And every night, you rub and massage out all the pain so that I can feel better and get comfortable.

Thank you for making me laugh. Even before the pregnancy, you were always the person who could make me laugh like no one else. And now, with everything going on, you make me laugh harder than before. All of our jokes and special moments mean so much to me.

Thank you for actually reading the Expectant Father books and the Baby Prep books. Thank you for reminding me to take my prenatal vitamins and fish oil every day. Thank you for reminding me of all the things we can do to help make labor easier. I am so glad you are going to be in the room with me--by my head at all times, eyes on me! Hopefully, knowing the two us, we might even find time to make a lighthearted moment.

When I put my number in your phone 8 years ago at Beth's deb ball, and you asked me to dance, I could never have foreseen where we would be now. Not even two years later, when we finally started dating. You are my very best friend and I have loved every moment of our life together so far. And I know we are about to start a new adventure. And together, I know we can do it!

Thank you for being so wonderful and supportive these last eight months. Only six weeks to go!

Love, Honey 2

No comments:

Post a Comment