Monday, December 17, 2012

Mom: Christmas Traditions Part 2

Two weekends ago we had so much fun!  We made Susan's first Gingerbread house and also made some delicious Christmas goodies.  This year, Susan mostly watched with interest but next year she will get to help!  And maybe we can even decorate Christmas cookies too.

Watching my dad put the M&Ms on the roof!

 
This looks delicious!

 
What are you doing mama?
 
This looks so yummy!


Susan loves it!



Susan's First Gingerbread House!
After we finished the Gingerbread House, my mom and I made some very yummy Christmas treats.  First we made Peppermint Pretzel Kisses.  Susan helped a little.  Then we made Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodles.  I had never made Snickerdoodles before but they were delicious.  Then we made Christmas Crack which was amazing!  All of the recipes were on Pinterest. 

Peppermint Pretzel Kisses

 I took the goodies to my work Christmas party that night and they were a huge hit.  We are going to make more goodies next week when we are in Greensboro. 

So far, it has been a fun and memorable Christmas season.  I know Susan won't remember it, but her dad and I will.  And we wanted to make it really special!

No comments:

Post a Comment