Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mom: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

WARNING:  This post is mainly a lot of adorable pictures.

There is a good bit to update but I feel like I can't write any other posts until I at least share some of my favorite pictures from Susan's first Christmas.  And of course we are a little late, but we have been busy.  It was a wonderful Christmas - like Chris said, the BEST Christmas either one of us had ever had.

It was a little different this year because the Duke Football team made it to the Belk Bowl, which was on December 27.  Thankfully, it was in Charlotte and not Shreveport or D.C.  Christmas at the Comfort Inn Shreveport just didn't sound too appealing.  So we were thankful that the Belk Bowl selected Duke.

Chris had to drive back and forth from Charlotte to Greensboro a lot but we got to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day together.  And then his parents came the weekend after Christmas for Christmas Part II.  So while it was not the Christmas we originally planned, it was still a lot of fun.

Fun with Grandaddy!

I love this picture.  It is pure joy!


Christmas Eve!

Christmas Eve before church
Susan's First Christmas Eve



Uncle Philip!



I'm so excited!

Santa came!

Susan woke up promptly at 5:20 a.m.

OMG my new favorite toy

New favorite toy!

I can ride it AND push it!

Or my daddy can push me!
Unwrapping presents

So many toys!

Did everyone see me play the piano?  Clap, clap, clap!

But really, the wrapping paper is the best part.


Where can I go?!

Taking a break with my new baby doll.

Susan's first tea party

In attendance were mama, her new bear, her new bunny and her new baby doll.

Playing with her new bear from Uncle Philip

So funny.

Thanks Uncle Philip!

Christmas Day afternoon walk.  To relieve a little cabin fever.

Playing the guitar like my Uncle Zack!


It was a great first Christmas!
After Christmas Part I in Greensboro, we went home and the Cooks came to celebrate Christmas Part II.  This is one very loved, blessed (and probably a little spoiled) little girl.

Note:  Chuck/Poppy took most of the pictures with his camera, so these are all we have.

Grocery shopping for supplies for the oyster roast with LouLou!

 
More presents!

A UPS truck just like the one my Poppy and Uncle Zack drive!
Penguins
Oscar helping.

Playing with my new musical table from LouLou and Poppy

She seriously loves this little truck.
It was a great Christmas!  And  great New Year. On New Years Eve, I took Susan to the doctor.  Her cough that she had since Thanksgiving sounded worse (we had already taken her to the docs twice and they said her lungs were clear) and I could tell something was wrong.  I had a sneaking suspicion she might have an ear infection and I was right (but her lungs were still clear).  But we were able to get a full day of antibiotics in her and by night, we could tell she was feeling better.  She slept great that night and so did we.  Then we decided to ring in 2013 by spending New Years Day in our PJs.  But the trick was convincing Susan to stay in PJs all day.  She sleeps in footie PJs at night but when we had previously tried PJ days in the past, it didn't work.  She just knows that she isn't supposed to be in PJs during the day.  But thankfully, we had one pair of PJs that did not have feet so she partied in those all day.


But we still put her shoes on. 


Look at the sweet bubble butt!  So freaking cute!



Her daddy added the bow.  Because no outfit, including PJs, is complete without one!

Happy New Year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment